Thursday, May 13, 2010

Vacation anyone?

I am please to say that my little Max now has a bedtime schedule from 8:30 PM - 8:00 AM. I have more time to do more things in the evenings, which brings me to wedding photos again. Looking over all of them has me missing Hawaii oh so very much. Although, my family and I just came back from Southern California, it still does not fill in the missing piece in my heart of a true vacation. I'm so longing for a real paradise getaway. Every time my hubby and I look over pictures of our vacation last year, all we can say is how much we miss it and can't wait to go back. So that gives me something to plan for either end of this year or most definitely the end of May of next year (That will be our two year anniversary). While I try to plan our first family vacation, in the meantime here are things that I miss most about "The Gathering Place."

Where else to start other than Waikiki Beach...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Giovanni's Shrimp Truck with their famous Shrimp Scampi
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I refuse to stay anywhere else on Waikiki if it's not at Hilton Hawaiian Village.
The most perfect resort with all the necessary amenities!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Waiola Shave Ice - Large lychee and mango shave ice please with mochi on the side!
Can you say refreshing?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ala Moana Shopping Center is not only an outdoor mall with all the stores (they even have Chanel, Hermes, Miu Miu, Harry Winston and etc) literally... but what I love most about this mall is that they have a killer food court! HAHA
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The drive to North Shore - with your top down Jeep Wrangler listening to island jams is definitely priceless. (I love how you are literally driving besides the gorgeous blue ocean).
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Leonard's Bakery for some hot malasadas (never leave here without getting a
dozen otherwise you will regret it)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What's Hawaii without an ABC Store? You can grab anything from a spam masubi or maybe some Maui Babe tanning lotion. I swear they sell everything and anything...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
There's so much more I can list down but I rather not bore you. What we really miss the most is just the simple things we do on this island. Laying out on the beach, eating the best local foods and just being with the ones you love. So I better start planning this family getaway. The earlier you start, the better prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment