Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What's the worst about planning your wedding...?

Not everyone will agree with me on this one... but I honestly thought the hardest part of this wedding planning business was finding "The Dress." Yes, it took countless hours, days, weeks, and months. Ok, ok I'm a bit over exaggerating, it actually took me about a month to find my dream dress. To my surprise I found it! Although the budget issue was a different story.

As a matter of fact it was just last year in the beginning of the of January 2009 when I finally made the big purchase. I started looking in end of November and made a lot of progress. It came down to 3 dresses that I absolutely loved. This was based on researching on the Internet of course.

Here we're my 3 options:

Elizabeth Fillmore "Starlet" Retail: $3750

Melissa Sweet "Lia" Retail: $4500

Priscilla of Boston Vineyard "Rhapsody" Retail: $1750

I went dress shopping for 3 whole weeks. Each weekend, I made appointments and was able to ask my now hubby to drive me to downtown SF. My very first experience, I actually went on my own to Alexander Bridal and tried on the Lia and Rhapsody dresses. I was able to try on other dresses from Romona Keveza and Vera Wang which we're absolutely gorgeous but well over my budget. One advice to you ladies... do not try dresses that are over your budget. You will regret it if you decide to fall in love with one of them. I learned the hard way.

I also had an appointment with Saks Fifth Ave to try on the Elizabeth Fillmore dress. I only tried that one dress and my bridal consultant was double booked and so she hurried to help me get in the dress. Once the dress was on, I absolutely fell in love with it. Needless to say... I had no doubt in my mind which dress I would be getting, not to mention I got it on sale! Saks's bridal boutique was unfortunately closing down and I got the dress for 50% off!


As for my gorgeous bridesmaids, they wore Jcrew. Yes, I'm a Jcrewholic and I absolutely love their wedding attire. They have the cutest style and the most accommodating colors any girl can ask for. So flattering and yet so affordable. Love Jcrew!


The girls wore the cantaloupe retailing at $160-$175

No comments:

Post a Comment