Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Life has changed...

My very first post... seems intimidating if you ask me, but here you go! Enjoy stalkers! j/k =)

I didn't think I can plan my dream wedding in 6 months... But in this particular case it was a must! Initially, the wedding date was set for September 25, 2009. Up until the day I received a phone call from my little sister. I still remember exactly how it went down as if it was just yesterday. I was at my then fiance's house, on the bed, studying for nursing school when I received the "Phone Call." For some reason, by the tone of her voice, I knew exactly what she was going to say. And she said it, "I'm pregnant!" Of course any big sister's first reaction that her little sister is pregnant would be disappointment, especially growing up very traditional. Traditional I mean by getting married first, then having a baby. That's just the way it goes with our family.

I was not only shock but amazed. I never told anyone this but a week prior to this, I had a one of those crazy dreams. This dream involves my little sister announcing that she was pregnant exactly at this very situation. Situation meaning in the middle of my wedding planning. Crazy I know! After getting off the phone with her, I realized that this pregnancy would indeed effect my wedding. The pregnancy certainly caused the big "D" word drama, but in the end, she made her decision and the very best decision I might add. This pregnancy not only blessed us with the most cutest, bubbly niece anyone can have, but it changed my life as well. We decided to move the wedding to May 2009 and also resulted in a baby baking in the oven. My oven that is...

No comments:

Post a Comment